Some of you may remember that the first weekend in December Beth's family gets together in Portland to bake cookies all day. This year we were unable to make the trek but we decided to have a little baking half-day of our own here in Albuquerque. Tradition is that a cookie quilt is patched together on a table for pictures. Although our mini cookie baking day quilt (or what we call the blanky) is no match for the portland comforter that usually covers 3 banquet tables, we are proud of it. We start by gathering all the ingredients...

Then we mix and bake as much as we can. Doubling recipes is common-place.
This year we had the help of a little baker in training...

After the cookies are cooled they are carefully counted and take their place on the cookie quilt. Our grand total: 311 delicious cookies...

This year we also came up with cookie baker names.
Beth = Splenda Girl
Chance = Mister Mix-a-lot
Bailey = Little Lady Fingers
Amy = Sovereign of Sweetness
Jeff = Duke Dough
Debbie = Madam Cookie Quilt
3 comments:
I think that is GREAT that you gyus did your own cookie making extravaganza since Beth couldnt make it. That's such a great tradition they have there. Enjoy your cookies. Our annual one here is going to be this week, and Adi and I are getting PRETTY excited!
That is so cool! I've never seen a cookie quilt before, but that's definitely my kind of quilt! Sounds like a fun day! That little girl of yours is growing up so fast and is so adorable! I hope to see you guys over the Christmas break!
Holy crap! That's a ton of cookies! I hope you had plenty of milk ate them all in less than 3 days. Your little girl is such a doll!
Post a Comment