Friday, March 18, 2011

Baby Ian

On Thursday, March 10th I went in for my OB appointment. I was 40 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I was ready to be done. We set up an appointment to be induced the next morning.

Chance and I arrived at the hospital at 6 am on Friday, March 11.


At 7:30, my nurse Bonnie, started my IV fluids and oxytocin. At 8:30 Dr. Baker broke my water. As soon as my water broke contractions came, fast, and hard!
At 10:30, "Mike" administered the epidural. (I was so relieved. A much welcome break and such a huge difference from my experience with Bailey).



I was then prepped for delivery. The change in my blood pressure negatively affected the baby. His heart beat had been monitored all morning and slowed considerably. After adjusting slightly, he came back around.


At 11:45 I began pushing. Everything progressed quickly. The two minutes between contractions I had once dreaded were now spent in a somewhat awkward silence. I felt no pain, no pressure and no sign of the coming contractions. I looked at Chance, then the nurse, then the doctor; waiting to be told when to push. It was awkward and funny.

At 12:03, Ian Chance Munns was born!! Weighing in at 8 lbs 10 oz. He was 22 inches tall.
The umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and left arm; so after a brief greeting between he and I, he was taken to the warmer/bassinet to be assessed. He recovered very quickly and has had no side effects or set backs.




Our whole experience has been so wonderful. I can only compare it to what we went through with Bailey; several complications and frustrations. Everything went so smoothly with Ian. We are so happy and in love with this little boy. Bailey has become such a wonderful big sister. She is loving and helpful. (Almost too helpful)

We are so blessed.

18 comments:

Michal and Brandon said...

yay! congratulations! so glad he came safely and he's just beautiful!

crystal carlson said...

Congrats! So glad that everything went well & that you are both safe & healthy! He is such a cute baby! Hope you guys are getting some sleep :)

Kelly Munns said...

yay! i've been waiting for this post!!! he is enormous! he looks so big in your arms!!! but what a sweet little thing...he looks like you, to me anyway :) no one will be able to believe you pushed out such a big boy with your teeny little self. so good job! i am so happy things went/are going well. CANNOT wait to meet the little tiger!!!

Christine said...

Yay! Pictures of baby Ian! He is adorable. Congratulations sweet momma! Hugs your way.

Ashley said...

Oh I'm so happy for you all! I bet Bai is just a sweet big sister! He looks beautiful and I can't wait to meet him. And, I'm so glad all went well.
Oh ya, and don't worry, I'm going to be having a big baby too...I know it!

meagan said...

Congrats! He is so handsome! Glad things went much smoother this time.

Unknown said...

oh my gosh so precious!! you are a trooper! so glad to see you two well. chance and bailey look so happy and proud. miss you guys!

The Fershtut Four said...

Oh he is so adorable! Those little cheeks! And Bai looks so big now. Glad everything went well for you. Congrats!! I can't wait to see him in person (this summer for sure!)

Jen and Cody said...

Oh my goodness Beth, he is adorable. Oh and you are such a saint for having to go overdue, how miserable! I am glad everything went so well for you both.

Rick and Collette said...

Love Him! He is so cute with all that hair. Oh, I am so happy for you guys! What a relief it always is when it is all over with and knowing that everything went well. What a cute family you guys have. Good luck adjusting to being a mother of TWO!

New Mexican Youngs said...

Congratulations Beth and Chance, how exciting, and great that everything went so well. Such a big boy, can't imagine why, Beth, you were ready for Ian to be born. Congrats again and happy days to you all.

ToddandCamille said...

Congratulations, I'm so glad everything went well for you guys, he's a cutie!

Boyd Fam said...

Congrats! He is beautiful! So glad all went smoothly!

Smitty n' Chelle said...

he is so cute! I am so glad he finally came. yay for BIG SISTER Bailey! We miss your guts here!

Summers said...

Congrats Beth! He is so beautiful. I am glad to hear that everything went smoothly!! Good luck with two- thats when you really start to go crazy! JK! YOu will love it!!

Jeff and Lea said...

He is adorable. Congrats! You guys have such a cute family.

Natalie said...

Congrats! It's been too long since I checked in on your adventures! How precious. I hope you are all adjusting well and enjoying every minute together!

Angela said...

Congratulations Beth and Chance and Bailey! He is so adorable and I am sure he is such a lucky boy to be in your family!