
We are so glad we made a final effort to see the Palouse Falls before we left for New Mexico. After four years in Moscow and the thought of moving for good we became a little more sentimental about our immediate surroundings. We decided to experience the palouse a little differently in our final moments.
We spent the night in a luxury camp with running water and restrooms as well as a picnic table. We spent all afternoon hiking, taking pictures, and talking to strangers. In the morning, we woke up to witness the sun rise over bluffs. We couldn't believe how many different birds and insects there were. To anyone leaving Moscow soon that has not visited the Palouse Falls, we suggest taking one night or a full day to hike around and enjoy the sound of the birds and watch the trains go by in a nearby manmade canyon. It's amazing.
If you are venturous enough, there are also some steep slopes and crevaces to climb and fishing is allowed below the falls. Castle Rock is really cool right next to the falls if you are willing to hike down there.

6 comments:
you're so daring beth...
I like your new blog lay out! Isn't Palouse Falls amazing! We miss Moscow, but moving on is nice, too!
I didn't even know there was such a thing as Palouse Falls! I wish we would have done more things in the Moscow area while we were there. I love how the campground was a "luxury campground", I've never heard of that before...funny! Good luck with your move next week - I hope everything goes well and that you don't get too homesick.
p.s. I just realized what the sign said at Palouse Falls "Falling can be deadly"...duh! I'm glad you got a picture of it. And Beth looks so cute!
Beth your new blog layout is so great. It love it. Congrats on graduation (both of you) and good luck with the move. We never made it to Palouse Falls, but always had good intentions, funny how that is. Anyway thanks for sharing your cute pictures!
Hi, Beth! I wondered on to your blog, hope you don't mind! This is Camille King! Congrats on your pregnancy! You are such a cute prego! How fun that you are going to NM! That should be an adventure. Feel free to visit my blog! Take Care!
Camille
Post a Comment