With the big move back to Idaho fast approaching we decided to make one last trip to Lubbock to see Meredith's and a little bit more of New Mexico.



Along the way we stopped at a few "ghost towns". They ended up being more like old abandoned buildings. Chance was able to take some pictures practicing his new hobby and satisfy his interest in abandoned places. Here are some of the places we stopped...
Near Capitan, NM
Melrose, NM
La Lande, NM
Cantara, NM
We also spent a lot of time at the pool. (It was crazy hot that weekend!!)
It blows my mind how big she looks in the first photo!
We enjoyed lots of good Texas food, sunshine and company.
We should have got a picture of Tyson and Chance playing soccer on XBox (which is what they did most of the weekend).
On the drive back I finally got to see the alien lamp posts in Roswell! We also stopped at the UFO McDonald's to let Bailey get out and play a little on their "out of this world" play-structure.
On the drive back I finally got to see the alien lamp posts in Roswell! We also stopped at the UFO McDonald's to let Bailey get out and play a little on their "out of this world" play-structure.
Monday night we camped at the Valley of Fires New Mexico State Park. Can you see where the name comes from? The whole area is a deposit of rapidly cooled lava from a nearby vent which is the second most recent flow on the continent (the most recent also in New Mexico). It was really nice, just too many bugs and we made it through a nasty wind storm. At least the morning blessed us with a symphony of bird calls like we had never heard before.
There is a really nice trail through the lava deposits, but we'd had enough vacation by Tuesday morning, and headed home before hiking around all of it.







7 comments:
What a fun vacation & could Bailey be any cuter! That's so exciting that you're moving to Idaho--I just wish I was there to see you :( Good luck with the move, I hope everything goes well!
Can't wait to see ya Beth! If you guys need any help when you get here, you know who to call!
Also, did you decide to get him the camera for graduation after all instead of going on a vaca? I can't wait to see it...you know how much I love them:)
Glad you had a fun vaca, but I'm lookin forward to seeing you soon.
I can't believe you are moving back to Idaho! Say hi to everybody for me. I am jealous that you are done with school! I can't wait for that day!
I am glad you guys had fun and got to see so much fun stuff. But remember we are still not talking about the moving back to Idaho part yet...
What neat pictures! I love that your family's swimsuits all coordinate. So cute. Looks like you had a fun trip. We will be sad to see you guys go.
Chance, Hey a belated congratulations on the graduation! All, When are you guys headed to Idaho? We need to get down to see you guys before you go. Sounds like you guysare are busy having fun and getting ready for big changes. We hope to see you guys soon.
I am glad you had a great vacation but i feel like i am the one with all the luck. Can't wait to see you drive safe
Post a Comment