We waited 2 very long days to find out what the gender of our baby is. I really wanted to throw a party to find out. I've heard of people calling this sort of party a "Cut the Cake Party", "Gender Party", or "What is it?"
I made the invitations and decorations; keeping the theme gender neutral, with pom poms, banners, and tissue paper topiaries.
Just enough food to satisfy any pregnant woman!!
We had everyone write down their prediction. 11 votes for boy, and 6 for girl. (Chance and I both predicted a boy.) We also asked for some name suggestions. Some of the girl names we liked were Macey, Felicity, and Hattie. For the boys; Gavin, Crew, or Coleman. (Along with Phineas, Ferb, and Graccus... Thanks uncle Deven...) We also played a baby trivia/plinko game with awesome prizes! Did you know that the heaviest baby ever born was 23 lbs. 12 oz.? Yikes!
We had the ultrasound tech write down the gender and seal it in an envelope. My parents were the only people who knew the gender. My mom made the cake, and dyed the inside blue or pink according to the gender.
Oh the suspense!
It's a BOY!!
We're so excited, or as Bailey would say, "ess-i-ket".


6 comments:
That is such a fun idea! I love when people make baby stuff such a big deal. I love it. And you are going to LOVE BOYS! I'm hoping our next is a boy too! Congrats mama!
I love that Idea! That is such a cute fun way to find out/tell everyone what you are having. I'm so excited you are having a boy! I might be a little biased but I think boys are so fun. Congrats! Can't wait to see the little guy!
congrats you guys! that is very exciting news.
ia m so excited you are having aboy! I am loving the name Crew!!! I can't wait to see who he looks like!
Can't wait! I am so happy for you guys and can't wait to meet a little munns boy:)
What an amazing idea. This party looks like a blast! I am so excited for your growing little family!
Post a Comment