Monday, July 6, 2009

Welcome Stanton's!

Thursday morning I was awake early, as usual, waiting. Nicki, Ryan, and the boys were on their way to spend the weekend with us. I was so excited and we had such a good time!!

We started off with a trip to the zoo. The sun was out but it wasn't too hot.


Nicki and I out front



Ryan and the boys looking at gorillas. He was appalled that I couldn't remember if the Bio Park had gorillas. They are his favorite.


Brody loved the ducks.



Brody and Jake posing.



Bailey loved playing with her cousins, as long as they didn't get too close!

Friday Chance didn't have to work and was able to join in the fun. We went to the Petroglyph National Park on the west side of Albuquerque.


The boys loved the bugs and lizards.


Nicki found a petroglyph that resembled herself.


After that Nicki and I took the kids to !Explora! Children's Museum. It's so fun to watch them play and figure things out.


That night we went to Los Cuates, a local New Mexican restaurant. Brody was so tired he fell asleep before dessert.
Saturday we started out at the parade in Rio Rancho, headed to the park, then BBQ with friends and ended with fireworks.




Cramming 7 people into a two bedroom apartment was tricky but so much fun, and after the busy days and late nights watching "The Office" I was exhausted. Thankfully Bailey was too, and we both had a two hour nap on Monday.

Thanks for visiting Stanton's! We love you and Miss you!

Side note about Baby Palooza, Bailey did not win, but thank you to all that voted. It was fun to show off her pictures! Thanks for the support.

7 comments:

Chelsi said...

Looks like you had fun with your visitors. I love it when people come to stay!!

Ashley said...

So cute. I'm glad your sister came to visit. It looked like fun, maybe I'll have to plan to be your next visitor and we can get our girls together.

Jeff and Lea said...

I love having family come up. It gets us out of the house! That picure of her and the petroglyoph is so funny! Looks like all the kids had a blast!

crystal carlson said...

How fun for you guys to have family come and visit! Looks like you had a great time!

Kelly Munns said...

how fun. it's so nice to get an update! that little bailey is sooo adorable i want to bite her! like love bite, not edward bite.

miss you guys!

meagan said...

Sounds like you guys were super busy having fun. I got Ben 2 seasons of "The Office" for Father's day, so I'm looking forward to some late night watching, too. I love those lawn mower cupcakes, you are so creative!

Kelly Munns said...

and look at how long your hair is! i've NEVER seen it like that!!! very cute.