
Just when Beth was getting comfortable using her belly for other functional things besides carrying our baby and being adorable (that's chex mix in a sundae bowl), we get sent to the hospital so they can induce labor.
Interesting events this Friday. Right now we are in the Lovelace Hospital in Albuquerque. Beth is trying to nap and I am just watching baby movements and contraction intervals on the cool contraption on her belly. We had a check-up at 4:30 today. They found high amounts of protein in her sample and said that her blood pressure was reaching pregnancy induce hypertension which can lead to Preaclampsia (however you spell that one).
The only way to treat this is with Delivery. We were then sent to the hospital and we have been here since about 6:00pm. Contractions are on and off and ultimately, the doctor decided to plant a Miso to induce labor. So, now we wait. I have a feeling it will be a long night for both of us but I am very proud of Beth for dealing so well with this first pregnancy.
-
Stay tuned for new updates about Beth and our little one.
-Wish us luck.

4 comments:
Yay Beth and Chance--I'm so excited and happy for you! I hope that all goes well with the labor & delivery. I know Beth will do great because she's a tough one! I'm so excited to see pictures of your little bundle of joy, soon! Love you guys!
I have been checking so often to see if you have had the baby! Good luck and I hope everything goes well!
ok whoa. not what i expected to find on your blog today! good luck. we're thinking of you guys and can't wait to get word of that little angel!
I hope things go well.
Post a Comment